Information regarding IBS in winter term 2018/19
Content and goals of the course
- Students are confronted with international IS challenges in interdisciplinary business contexts.
- We teach you how to address real-world IS problems and to create application-oriented solutions based on sound methods rooted in robust theoretical frameworks and a well-founded evidence base.
- Contents, topics and case studies of this semester will be provided in cooperation with the chair’s business and research partners. Details will be presented in the kick-off.
The course consists of several seminar sessions. Work will be done in groups of three to five students. The kick-off takes place on April 18, 2018 at 6 pm in room 0.423 LG.
Please apply until october 17, 2018 by using the following Google Form: Registration
Registration is mandatory.
Information regarding IBS in summer term 2018
Content and goals of the course
This is a seminar on e-business and e-commerce with focus on disruptive innovation and mobile business. It addresses business strategies and e-marketing techniques to help you think of a possibly new e-business idea. This is not a system analysis and design of an e-commerce application. Nor is it a programming course. Our focus is on business and management, how to run an e-business, or simply, a business in a knowledge-driven and Internet-enabled economy.
At the end of the course, class participants should be able to:
- Apprehend the latest developments in e-business and e-commerce – in particular with e-business models, e-marketing, e-productivity, and one of the latest, social commerce.
- Understand and analyze the business environments surrounding the economy constantly disrupted by innovation.
Attendance is required for all dates (April 9th, May 28th+29th, June 4th). Please do not register if you already know that you cannot attend all courses.
Work will be done in groups of two students. It is advisable to identify a working partner prior to the kick-off date. The main task of this course is to create an own e-business or e-commerce idea including business model, marketing approach, etc.
All groups need to create a presentation to introduce their e-business or e-commerce idea (on June 4th) as well as a seminar paper with a detailed analysis (until August 31st).
Location and Date
- Kick-Off (Ma): April 9th, 2019, 11 a.m.-12 p.m., Room: LG 4.435
- Discussion of your ideas (Ma): Consultation hours on April 17th or 18th, Room: LG 4.443
- Lectures (Bui):
- May 28th, 2018, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., LG 0.423
- May 29th, 2018, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., LG 0.423
- Presentations: June 4th, 2018, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., LG 0.423
- Deadline for seminar papers: August 31st, 2018
Course Registration for the summer semester 2018
Registration will be opened here on March 19th, 2018, at 3:00 p.m.
REGISTRATION FORM -> Registration is closed as course already started.
Registration is mandatory. The number of participants is limited to 24 students, and seminar places will be given on a first-come-first-served basis. After reaching this number, all succeeding registrations will be wait-listed. These students will be notified on April 9th if they can participate or not. Please do not attend the kick-off meeting when you are wait-listed!
If this course is one the last mandatory course you need to attend before finishing your studies or starting your master thesis, please send a message to Mr. Ma until March 18th.