Content and goals of the course
This is a seminar on e-business and e-commerce with focus on disruptive innovation and mobile business. It addresses business strategies and e-marketing techniques to help you think of a possibly new e-business idea. This is not a system analysis and design of an e-commerce application. Nor is it a programming course. Our focus is on business and management, how to run an e-business, or simply, a business in a knowledge-driven and Internet-enabled economy.
At the end of the course, class participants should be able to:
- Apprehend the latest developments in e-business and e-commerce – in particular with e-business models, e-marketing, e-productivity, and one of the latest, social commerce.
- Understand and analyze the business environments surrounding the economy constantly disrupted by innovation.
Attendance is required for all dates (April 26, May 18+19, May 26).
Work will be done in groups of two students. It is advisable to identify a working partner prior to the kick-off date.
All groups need to create a presentation to introduce their e-business or e-commerce idea (on May 26) as well as a seminar paper with a detailed analysis (until August 25).
Location and Date
- Kick-Off (Ma): April 26, 2017, 9 a.m.-10 a.m., Room: LG 4.154
- Lectures (Bui):
- May 18, 2017, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Fraunhofer IIS, Nordostpark 84, 90411 Nuremberg, Room: N126.96.36.199 Behaim Registration at the reception is required by all students when entering the building! The seminar room is directly opposite the reception.
- May 19, 2017, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., LG 0.423 in the morning, LG 4.154 in the afternoon.
- Presentations: May 26, 2017, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., LG 0.423
- Deadline for seminar papers: August 25, 2017
Course Registration for the summer semester 2017
Unfortunately, the seminar has already reached its maximum capacity due to room and time restraints as it is a guest lecture. However, you can be waitlisted until April 24, 2017 by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
2. Matriculation number
3. Course of studies
Registration is mandatory. The number of participants is limited to 24 students, and seminar places will be given on a first-come-first-served basis. After reaching this number, all succeeding registrations will be wait-listed. These students will be notified on April 26 if they can participate or not. Please do not attend the kick-off meeting when you are wait-listed!