Information regarding IBS in summer term 2019
Information on the exact dates and course content for the summer term 2019 will be updated here in the upcoming weeks. Registration is not yet possible.
Content and goals of the course
This is a seminar on e-business and e-commerce with focus on disruptive innovation and mobile business. It addresses business strategies and e-marketing techniques to help you think of a possibly new e-business idea. This is not a system analysis and design of an e-commerce application. Nor is it a programming course. Our focus is on business and management, how to run an e-business, or simply, a business in a knowledge-driven and Internet-enabled economy.
At the end of the course, class participants should be able to:
- Apprehend the latest developments in e-business and e-commerce – in particular with e-business models, e-marketing, e-productivity, and one of the latest, social commerce.
- Understand and analyze the business environments surrounding the economy constantly disrupted by innovation.
Attendance is required for all dates (tbd). Please do not register if you already know that you cannot attend all courses.
Work will be done in groups of two students. It is advisable to identify a working partner prior to the kick-off date. The main task of this course is to create an own e-business or e-commerce idea including business model, marketing approach, etc.
All groups need to create a presentation to introduce their e-business or e-commerce idea as well as a seminar paper with a detailed analysis.
Location and Date
- Kick-Off (Ma): tbd
- Discussion of your ideas (Ma): Consultation hours on April 17th or 18th, Room: LG 4.443
- Lectures (Bui):
- May 28th, 2018, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., LG 0.423
- May 29th, 2018, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., LG 0.423
- Presentations: June 4th, 2018, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., LG 0.423
- Deadline for seminar papers: August 31st, 2018
Course Registration for the summer semester 2018
Registration will be opened here tbd.
REGISTRATION FORM -> Registration is closed as course already started.
Registration is mandatory. The number of participants is limited to 24 students, and seminar places will be given on a first-come-first-served basis. After reaching this number, all succeeding registrations will be wait-listed. These students will be notified on April 9th if they can participate or not. Please do not attend the kick-off meeting when you are wait-listed!
If this course is one the last mandatory course you need to attend before finishing your studies or starting your master thesis, please send a message to Mr. Ma until March 18th.