The course consists of the lecture, exercises, and student presentations.
Content and goals of the course
The course E-Business Strategy and Networking outlines the impact of new technologies to making business in a networked environment. It provides a comprehensive overview of fundamental e-business concepts like e-procurement and e-commerce. Furthermore, an approach to develop sophisticated e-business strategies is depicted and the resulting effects on a company’s inter-organizational systems are presented. After looking at different business models and approaches to strategy-to-IT alignment, communication among employees of a company is an important part of the course. Web 2.0 technologies to support those employee networks can be adapted to an inter-company level. In addition, different forms and coordination mechanisms to connect companies with its partners and stakeholders are depicted and methods are described how those networks can be designed and successfully managed.
- You will get a comprehensive overview of fundamental e-business concepts.
- We discuss the “state of the art” e-business in companies.
- We teach you the impact of new technologies on companies in networked environments.
- We discuss an approach to develop sophisticated e-business strategies.
- We discuss relevant aspects of IT governance including business IT alignment.
- You learn systematic application competences to apply e-business networking.
- At the end of this lecture you are aware of technical application competences for e-business management.
The EBSN lecture is not offered anymore from WS 2018/19! Students that already started the module or that have to repeat the exam can still do so.
Revision Exam (WS18/19): Date: 20.12.2018, Time: 8:00-9:30, Hörsaal: H6
Please visit the Forum in the StudOn Course for further information.
Current exam ID: Written exam (56203, 5 ECTS)
Master after before WS1718: Written exam (56201, 2,5 ECTS), Homework (56202, 2,5 ECTS)
Lecture Notes and LoDs are available on StudOn.